WORD FROM OUR FOUNDER
Welcome to the Ark Schools!
The Ark has been educating children since 2007, though much has changed over the years, our aim remains the same. The Ark represents a cross-section of the society and we are one big family regardless of our background. We learn to create new and strong bold bonds with each other which will last a lifetime. As a Christian school, we spread the Gospel and our motto of Care, Comfort, Compassion, and Commitment.
Our vision and mission are built around these 4Cs. With our small classroom numbers, our students begin a ten-year journey where each child is recognized and nurtured in their uniqueness. The development of each child’s character and personality is as important as academic outcome, that’s why we have extra programs on leadership and different intellectual development for every learner.
Our school emphasis is on Learning and not teaching. It is our effort to provide holistic education where children evolve as self-motivated, confident leaders with creative, spiritual and intellectual qualities.
Miriam Wipfler - Director.
To prepare learners to meet life’s challenges through intellectual, moral, social, emotional, physical, artistic, creative and spiritual development potentials.
To provide education in an identifiable Christian way that is well equipped, holistic and consolidated dynamic world.
Holistic Education Perspective: “Development of a whole child”
Concerned with critical roles such as:
• Direct engagement of learners to connection with the environment (real life experiences)
• Nurturing learners sense of wonder
• Learners value all (many) appropriate paths of learning
• Encourage reflection, questioning rather than memorization off facts.
• Keep alive the flame of intelligence of unique gifts contained with each learner
• Engage all learners in the teaching/learning process
• Encourage learner’s personal and collective responsibility
• Learners are helped to find their identity, meaning and purpose in life
• Learners are helped to find their spiritual values such as compassion and peace
• Learners are helped to become resilient and good leaders
• Learners are helped to see the beauty in life experiences and to appreciate some sense of truth
Kindergartens: Arrival 7:30 – 8:00 a.m. Pick up 1:00pm, 3:00-3:15pm.
Primary school: Arrival 7:00 – 7:45 a.m. Pick up 5:00pm – 5:25pm.
The school year starts in early February and continues through early December. The school year is divided into three terms or “quarters”.